Lynda.com will become LinkedIn Learning on September 27. What does this mean for you?
Starting September 27, you will need a LinkedIn.com account, in addition to your library card, to access LinkedIn Learning.
The content is the same. As long as you're using the same library card number to log in, your account data will all migrate from Lynda.com to LinkedIn Learning.
Create a Lynda.com Account
You must go to Lynda.com from the NPL website in order to create a free account.
- Go to Lynda.com using the Access link above.
- Type your library card number and PIN.
- Complete the form to finish creating your account.
Download and Log In to the Lynda.com App
- Get the free Lynda.com App from the app store/marketplace for your device.
- When you open the app the first time, choose the "Already a member?" button.
- There are two options for logging in, Individual and Organization. At the top of your screen, select the "Organization" tab.
- Scroll down to the "Web Portal" heading. Type "nashville.gov" in the box and click "Log in". You'll be taken out of the app and into a new browser window. You should see "Welcome to lynda.com" and a place to type your library card number and PIN.
- Type your library card number and PIN. Click "Log in".
- You should get a message "Open in Lynda.com?". Click Open.
- The first time you log in to the app, you'll be asked to agree to the Terms of Service. Click Accept.
Using the App Offline
- After you log into the Lynda.com app, use the menu to browse content.
- You can view Lynda.com courses and lessons offline, when there is no internet connection.
- Find a course you want to view. Tap the download icon to download the course or episode to your device. The download icon is an underlined arrow pointing down. After you successfully download a lesson, the download icon will change to a mobile phone icon to indicate you can use the content offline.
- To download an entire course, go to the course you want to view. Then tap the download icon at the top of the screen.
- To download individual lessions, go to the course you want to view. Then tap the download icon next to each individual lesson.