Inspire Reading, Advance Learning, and Connect our Community.
- Kent Oliver, Director
- Elyse Adler, Assistant Director for Community Engagement & Education
- Felicia Wilson, Assistant Director for Collections & Technology
- Susan Drye, Assistant Director for Administrative Services
- Jena Schmid, Assistant Director for Main Library
- Terri Luke, Assistant Director for Branch Services
Find Library departments, managers, and administration contacts.
Building Projects and Master Plan
To keep pace with Music City’s booming population growth and blossoming neighborhood diversity, we’ve designed a roadmap called the NPL Facilities Master Plan.
The annual report provides statistical data on library operations and gives a snapshot of how the library impacts the community every year.
View the 2017-2018 Annual Report
Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
Policies and Procedures
- Branch Meeting Room, Computer Classroom, and Study Room Policy
- Circulation Policies (Get a Card Info)
- Collection Development Policy
- Exhibition Policy
- Filming and Photography Policy
- Guidelines for Print Station Use
- Guidelines for Public PC Use
- Internet Safety Policy
- Polling Place, Petitioning, and Political Campaign Policy
- Private Event Terms and Conditions
- Reconsideration of Materials Policy
- Rules of Conduct
- Seed Protocol
- Small Press and Local Author Publication Inquiries (pdf)
- Writer's Room Guidelines
Nashville's first public library was the Howard Library, established in 1898. Read about our early history and view a timeline of milestones for the Nashville Public Library system.
The Library Board meets on the 3rd Tuesday of each month. Call Library Administration at (615) 862-5760 for information about Library Board meetings. Requests for ADA accommodation should be directed to Sandy Cohen at (615) 862-5750 or (615) 862-5752.
- Keith B. Simmons, Library Board Chair
- Lucy D. Haynes
- Dr. Adriana Bialostozky
- Sepideh C. Khansari
- Robert K. Oermann
- Joyce Searcy
- Katy Varney
Upcoming Schedule and Agenda
Schedule and Meeting Policies
NPL Board Reports are a compilation of administrative area narrative reports, performance metrics, and library policy development.