You must provide your home address. We send your name, address, and email to a commercial address verification service (CAVS) to prove that you are you. This CAVS verifies your identity by checking that your name and address are associated. The CAVS combines your data with other customers' data and employs machine learning algorithms to look for patterns. The CAVS may store your data for up to three years to provide identity verification and fraud detection services.
Get a Card
A Powerful Piece of Plastic
Your library card gives you free access to over two million books, ebooks, magazines, DVDs, streaming movies, music, and more.
About Your Library Card
You can use your card at all 21 Nashville Public Library locations and for all online services.
Please treat your card with the same care you would a credit card. You are responsible for everything checked out on it. Contact the library immediately if your card is lost or stolen.
Getting a Card
Davidson County Residents
Library cards are free for all residents of Davidson County.
- For a full access card, present your ID and proof of address at any Nashville Public Library location.
- For access to online materials only, individuals 13 years and over can register online.
If you live outside Davidson County, but in our service area, you can receive a free library card to check out physical items only or you can pay a $10 yearly fee to obtain access to online resources in addition to physical items.
- To get a card, present your ID and proof of address at any Nashville Public Library location.
Accepted Forms of ID
- Driver's License or Learner's Permit
- School ID (if under 18)
- Military ID
- ID Only with Date of Birth
Accepted Proofs of Address
- Mail postmarked within the last month
- Pay stub dated within the last month
- Utility bill dated within the last month
- Voter registration card
- Current lease/Deed agreement
See complete checkout, hold, and renewal info by material type (book, ebook, curriculum kit, etc.).