Main Library Parking Garage Construction Information
Monday 9:00 am-6:00 pm
Tuesday 9:00 am-6:00 pm
Wednesday 9:00 am-6:00 pm
Thursday 9:00 am-6:00 pm
Friday 9:00 am-6:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am-5:00 pm
- Art Gallery
- Civil Rights Room
- Conference Center
- Computer Classroom
- Foundation Center
- Government Documents
- Interlibrary Loan
- Library Services for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Metro Archives
- Nashville Talking Library
- Puppet Theater - home of Wishing Chair Productions
- Special Collections
- Studio NPL
- Wilson Room / East Reading Room
Parking - Library Garage
Library Garage at 151 6th Ave N. Enter Library Garage on Sixth or Seventh Ave. S, between Church St. and Commerce St.
- First 90 Minutes (with Validation) Free
- Up to 2 hours $2.00
- Up to 2.5 hours $4.00
- Up to 3 hours $6.00
- Up to 3.5 hours $8.00
- Up to 4 hours $10.00
- Up to 4.5 hours $12.00
- Up to 5 hours $14.00
- Up to 5.5 hours $14.00
- Up to 6 hours $14.00
- Up to 6.5 hours $14.00
- Up to 7 hours $14.00
- Up to 24 hours $14.00
- After 6pm & Weekends: $10.00
- Handicap parking on Level Four.
- Four electric car charging stations.
- Owned by Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, Tennessee. Managed by Nashville Downtown Partnership and SP Plus.
Metro government is modernizing the parking garage adjacent to the Main Library. The project begins late June 2016. It will add approximately 360 spaces to the garage. When construction begins, 75 parking spaces will temporarily close. Please allow extra time if visiting the library during peak hours or for special events.
On June 9, 2001 the new 300,000 sq. ft. Main Library building designed by Robert A.M. Stern Architects opened to the public.
Attend an EventBrowse Events
- December 13, 2017 10:00 AMTaking Cover: Nashville in the Nuclear Age
- February 21, 2018 9:30 AMStory Time With Wishing Chair Productions
- February 21, 2018 10:30 AMStory Time with Wishing Chair Productions
- February 21, 2018 12:00 PMBig Magic Book Club
- February 21, 2018 1:00 PMMental Health Cooperative Outreach