About North Branch Library
Opened 1915.Designed by C. K. Colley in the Beaux Arts style, it is one of the two remaining Carnegie libraries in Nashville (the other is East Branch). The oldest of Nashville's existing library buildings, its interior appointments (including floors, woodwork, and checkout desk) are original. Both the exterior and interior of the building have undergone restoration. The lower level includes an auditorium with its original 1915 stage.
Attend an EventBrowse Events
- February 2, 2019 1:00 PMRetelling History with Historic Photographs
- February 6, 2019 10:45 AMKids Craft
- February 9, 2019 3:00 PMFresh Freedom: Freedom Song Analysis
- February 16, 2019 1:00 PMThe Life of Roger Arliner Young, Marine Biologist, with Belle Meade Plantation
- February 20, 2019 10:00 AMGlobal Education presents Afro-Latin Dance Team