Connect with NPL
Connect with NPL is a technology lending collection. Borrow laptops and WiFi hotspots to use at home free of charge.
Borrow a hotspot for use at home. Hotspots have unlimited data, but the service provider may lower speed or limit the amount of data that its network can handle for a short time.
The hotspot only works within the continental United States and is not intended for international travel.
Hotspot and Laptop Set
Borrow a Dell Chromebook and a hotspot for home use. NPL offers a laptop + hotspot set so you can borrow both pieces of equipment at the same time.
- Laptops have a built-in, front-facing camera for meetings, games, and classes.
- Hotspots have unlimited data, but the service provider may lower speed or limit the amount of data that its network can handle for a short time. The hotspot only works within the continental United States and is not intended for international travel.
Patrons must be Davidson County residents, at least 18 years of age, and have a valid NPL library card in good standing (library card is not blocked due to unpaid fees).
Customers must sign an agreement indicating that they do not otherwise have access to equipment or services sufficient to meet their educational needs.
- Devices check out for 3 weeks. They will automatically renew three times (for a total of nine more weeks) if there are no pending holds.
- Customers are limited to 2 devices borrowed on each card.
- All equipment must be returned inside the library at the circulation desk, not in the book drop.
- Patrons will be held responsible for damage to the item if it is returned in the book drop.
Overdue or Lost Items
- While NPL doesn’t charge late fees, hotspots will have internet service deactivated when they are overdue.
- There are no fees to borrow the equipment or internet service. However, the borrower assumes full responsibility for the cost of repair or replacement if the equipment is lost, stolen or damaged. Library staff will assess the equipment and charge the borrower accordingly.
- Replacement fees are: $15 each for missing chargers, adapters, cords and cases; $50 for hotspots; $75 for Chromebooks.
Instructions for using the hotspot are included in each device. You can also view the instructions online by downloading the Moxie Hotspot Info Sheet (pdf).
If you need help connecting the hotspot to the internet for the first time, please contact the NPL location where you borrowed your device.