Why buy when you can borrow? The Library of Things features an array of useful items—including activities and games, health and fitness equipment, tools and electronics, food and party items, crafts and hobbies, and musical instruments—that you can borrow for free for up to 3 weeks.
The Library of Things
Patrons must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid NPL library card in good standing (library card is not blocked due to unpaid fees).
Patrons must sign a usage agreement at their first Library of Things checkout.
- Checkout period is 3 weeks.
- Borrow up to 2 Library of Things items at one time.
- Items are holdable.
- Items be renewed up to 3 times if no one else is waiting.
- Items must be returned inside the library at a circulation desk. You may not return Library of Things items in book drops.
- Items not returned or returned in unusable condition will be billed the price of the item. Items missing parts that are replaceable will be billed for those replacement parts.