Using the Library
Welcome to Nashville Public Library! We offer free access to books, movies, and study tools for anyone in Nashville and Davidson County. How can you get started? View our videos and frequently asked questions below. You can also ask a question anytime at Contact Us.
Getting a Library Card
- Where is the library closest to me?
- Use the map on the Locations page to find the library closest to you.
- What are the library hours?
- Each location has different hours. Find your library on the Locations page to see the hours.
- What is PIN? How do I create a PIN?
- A PIN is a security code that contains 4 numbers. It protects you in case you lose your card because it prevents another person from using the card and potentially incurring fines on your account.
- How do I reset my PIN?
- Library staff can reset your PIN. Contact us by email, Call us at (615) 862-5800, or visit a library location and ask a staff member for help.
- What if I lose my card?
- Visit your local library branch and request a new card. Replacement cards are $1. You will need to show a photo ID.
- What if I live outside Davidson County?
- The annual fee for non-resident cards is $50. Visit your local library branch to apply.
How to Check Out Materials
- How do I know the due date?
- Due dates are printed on the receipt you receive after checking out items in person. You can also log in to My Account to see due dates and renew items.
- How long can I keep an item?
- Most materials may be checked out for 3 weeks. You can check out movies for 1 week.
- What if return an item late (after the due date)?
- There is no overdue charge for items returned late.
- How do I pay a late fees?
- Pay your library fees at any library location. Please bring cash or a check, as we do not accept credit or debit cards.
- Can I keep an item longer than 3 weeks?
- Yes, you may renew the item if the title is not on hold for another person. Movies may be renewed once and most other items may be renewed three times, if there is no hold on the item.
- How do I renew an item?
- Renew an item using your library account online, by phone, or in person at any library location.
How to Reserve Materials
- How long will have I have to wait for my item?
- The wait time varies, depending upon how many people have requested the item before you. You can ask the librarian how many people are on the wait list.
- How will I know when it is ready for pickup?
- The library will call or email to let you know the item is ready. Please make sure your contact information is correct by accessing your account here.
- How can I located my ‘on hold’ item in the library?
- Your item will be on the hold shelf. The items on the hold shelf are marked with a slip of paper with your first and last name. They are organized alphabetically by last name. If you have trouble finding your item, ask a librarian for help.
- What if the library does not own the item I’m looking for?
- You may request a book through Interlibrary Loan, using WorldCat. This service is free, and allows Nashville Public Library to borrow items from other libraries around the country.
How to Reserve Computers
- What kinds of actions/use are allowed on public computers?
- Public computers used for research, homework, surfing the internet, applying for jobs, playing games, or watching videos. Please remember that keeping noise to a minimum is the best way for everyone to complete their tasks in the shared area.
- Can I save a file to the computer?
- Please use a flash drive or use cloud storage. When the computer session ends, the computer restarts and clears all of the browsing history as well as anything saved to the desktop. This is in place to protect your private information.
- What types of programs/applications are available on public computers?
- Programs include:
- Internet Explorer Browser
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Music Player
- Movie Maker
- What if I need to use the computer for more than 1 hour?
- Once your session is finished, go back to the reservation station and make a new reservation. If you need a longer computer session for online applications, resume building, or testing, come to a Job Lab session at Main Library or a branch library location. See the Jobs Lab Schedule for dates and locations.
- Is there a daily limit to the number of reservations I can make?
- What are the hours for computer use?
- Public computers are available at all Nashville Public Library locations from opening until 15 minutes before closing.