Once again, I’m enamored with a cookbook that emphasizes easy cooking (see also: Sheet Pan Suppers). This one offers modern twists on familiar recipes by incorporating unexpected ingredients—for example, a jalapeño in a Brussels sprouts pasta or rhubarb in a savory sausage dish.
See if any of these whet your appetite:
- Roasted sausage and cauliflower with yogurt sauce
- “Green Eggs” with leeks, jalapeño, spinach, and cilantro
- Poblano quesadillas with smoked mozzarella
- Pinto beans with parsnips and baby kale
- Ham and navy bean soup with collard greens and cornbread croutons