If you feel yourself withdrawing from others right now after months of limited social interaction, I highly recommend this book.
Creating a connected life begins with the decisions we make in our day-to-day lives. Do we choose to make time for people? Do we show up as our true selves? Do we seek out others with kindness, recognizing the power of service to bring us together?
Here are some highlights:
- a study that shows that Tylenol helps alleviate both physical and emotional pain
- the men's shed movement as a cure for loneliness
- the finding that the sense of awe brought about by nature and art leads people to be more responsive and generous to others
- the importance of work friends
- the benefits of small interactions with strangers
- the "future alone" study
Vivek Murthy is Biden’s nominee for surgeon general and former surgeon general under Obama.