Every year, NPL welcomes LEGO Maniacs young and old to submit their best original creations for competition, or to just come by and vote for their favorites.
Thanks to everyone who participated in the 2020 contest!
Registration normally begins in January for the contest in February, so check back for updates.
2020 Contest Photos
Judging and Prizes
Prizes are awarded in 6 categories: Preschool-K, Grades 1-2, Grades 3-4, Grades 5-7, Grades 8-12 & Adults. Within each category there will be three winners: 1st Place, Runner-up, 3rd Place, and Crowd Favorite.
Each winner receives a prize ribbon and a LEGO Store gift certificate.
Entries are also eligible to win a Construction Superlative, sponsored by Messer Construction Co. This superlative will be awarded to the best-constructed LEGO structure in each age category, as determined by a team of judges. The award-winning builders in this category receive a special prize from Messer at the Awards Ceremony on Sunday. Note: contestant doesn't have to be present to win.
- Use your own LEGO®, DUPLO®, Mega bloks® or other LEGO® compatible plastic bricks.
- Entries must be your own creation, not a LEGO® designed kit, project found online, in a magazine, etc.
- Your creation must be on a base no bigger than 24 by 24 inches. The base can be wood, cardboard, a LEGO® flat base, etc. and can be decorated to fit with your project. Your completed project may be no taller than four feet tall.
- One entry per participant or team where applicable.
- Team projects will be placed in the category of the oldest participant in the team. Please note that while all members of a team will receive a prize ribbon (if applicable) a team will compete for a single prize.
- Deliver completed projects to Nashville Public Library at 615 Church Street at a time you will select during online registration.
- If you need to change your drop off time, please email us or call the Main Library Children's Division at (615) 862-5785.
- All entries must be retrieved by 4:30 PM after the awards ceremony on Saturday, February 15.
- Any entry not retrieved by 4:30 PM on Sunday, March 1, will be considered as a donation to NPL's LEGO collection.
As part of registration, you will be asked to consent/agree that you or your child's work and/or likeness may be considered for display and/or promotion of Nashville Public Library programming and services. View photo permissions form (pdf).