Every year, NPL welcomes LEGO Maniacs young and old to submit their best original creations for competition, or to just join in the fun by voting for their favorites.
2022 Contest Schedule
Drop Off Entries In Person
February 12, 16, and 17, 9 AM–4 PM (by appointment only; you will choose your drop-off time when you register for the contest).
February 18, 1 PM–4 PM
February 19, 9 AM–4 PM
Crowd Favorite Voting, Online
February 19, 9 AM – February 21, 9 PM
Virtual Awards Ceremony
Available online February 26, 2 PM
Please note: prizes will be available for pickup after the awards ceremony airs.
2021 Contest Photos
Judging and Prizes
Prizes are awarded in six categories: Preschool-K, Grades 1-2, Grades 3-4, Grades 5-7, Grades 8-12, and Adults. Within each category there will be three winners: 1st Place, Runner-up, 3rd Place, and Crowd Favorite.
Each winner receives a prize ribbon and a LEGO Store gift certificate.
- Use your own LEGO, DUPLO, Mega Bloks or other LEGO compatible plastic bricks.
- Entries must be your own creation, not a LEGO designed kit, project found online, in a magazine, etc.
- Your creation must be on a base no bigger than 24 by 24 inches. The base can be wood, cardboard, a LEGO flat base, etc. and can be decorated to fit with your project. Your completed project may be no taller than four feet tall.
- One entry per participant or team where applicable.
- Team projects will be placed in the category of the oldest participant in the team. Please note that while all members of a team will receive a prize ribbon (if applicable), a team will compete for a single prize.
- Deliver completed projects to Nashville Public Library at 615 Church Street at a time you will select during online registration.
- If you need to change your drop-off time, please email us or call the Main Library Children's Department at (615) 862-5785.
- Please retrieve entries at the Main Library on February 18, 1–4 PM, or February 19, 9 AM–4 PM.
- Any entry not retrieved by 4 PM on Monday, March 1 will be considered a donation to NPL's LEGO collection.
As part of registration, you will be asked to consent/agree that you or your child's work and/or likeness may be considered for display and/or promotion of Nashville Public Library programming and services. View photo permissions form (pdf).