Every year, NPL welcomes LEGO Maniacs young and old to submit their best original creations for competition, or to just join in the fun by voting for their favorites!
Entry drop-off begins February 3. Please see full contest schedule below.
Who is joining us this year?! Show us what you're building by using #legoNPL and #letsbuildtogether.
2021 Contest Schedule
February 3 - 10: Entry drop-off (by appointment only; you will choose your drop-off time when you register for the contest)
- Monday-Friday: 9AM - 5 PM
- Saturday: 9 AM - 4 PM
- No drop-off Sunday
February 11: Judging in progress; no drop-offs
February 11 - 12: Crowd Favorite voting
February 20: Virtual Awards Ceremony
- 2 PM: Mr. Bond's Science Guys perform
- 3 PM: Award announcements
2020 Contest Photos
Judging and Prizes
Prizes are awarded in 6 categories: Preschool-K, Grades 1-2, Grades 3-4, Grades 5-7, Grades 8-12 & Adults. Within each category there will be three winners: 1st Place, Runner-up, 3rd Place, and Crowd Favorite.
Each winner receives a prize ribbon and a LEGO Store gift certificate.
- Use your own LEGO®, DUPLO®, Mega bloks® or other LEGO® compatible plastic bricks.
- Entries must be your own creation, not a LEGO® designed kit, project found online, in a magazine, etc.
- Your creation must be on a base no bigger than 24 by 24 inches. The base can be wood, cardboard, a LEGO® flat base, etc. and can be decorated to fit with your project. Your completed project may be no taller than four feet tall.
- One entry per participant or team where applicable.
- Team projects will be placed in the category of the oldest participant in the team. Please note that while all members of a team will receive a prize ribbon (if applicable) a team will compete for a single prize.
- Deliver completed projects to Nashville Public Library at 615 Church Street at a time you will select during online registration. At this time, we can only accept creations at our garage entrance on level 4 of the Library Garage.
- If you need to change your drop-off time, please email us or call the Main Library Children's Department at (615) 862-5785.
- Please retrieve entries beginning February 15 by calling the Main Library Children’s Department at (615) 862-5785 to set up a time for pickup.
- Any entry not retrieved by 4:30 PM on Monday, March 1 will be considered as a donation to NPL's LEGO collection.
As part of registration, you will be asked to consent/agree that you or your child's work and/or likeness may be considered for display and/or promotion of Nashville Public Library programming and services. View photo permissions form (pdf).