Every year at the Main Library, NPL welcomes LEGO Maniacs young and old to submit their best original creations for competition, or to just join in the fun by voting for their favorites.
The 2024 Contest is Feb 15–17!
Registration will be available from this page beginning Friday, January 12 at 9 AM.
2024 Contest Schedule
January 12–February 9 via NPL Eventbrite.
Drop Off Entries In Person
February 10, 12, and 13, 9 AM–4:30 PM (by appointment only; you will choose your drop-off time when you register for the contest).
Drop-off is at the Main Library only; please do not bring your entry to your local branch location for drop-off.
February 15, 9 AM–4:30 PM
February 16, 9 AM–4:30 PM
February 17, 9 AM–2 PM
Crowd Favorite Voting, Online
February 15, 9 AM – February 16, 5 PM
February 17, 2 PM
Join us in the Main Library's auditorium as we reveal the winners!
February 17, 9 AM–3 PM
2023 Contest Winners
Judging and Prizes
Prizes are awarded in six categories: Preschool-K, Grades 1-2, Grades 3-4, Grades 5-7, Grades 8-12, and Adults. Within each category there will be four winners: 1st Place, 2nd Place, 3rd Place, and Crowd Favorite.
- Use your own LEGO, DUPLO, Mega Bloks or other LEGO compatible plastic bricks.
- Entries must be your own creation, not a LEGO designed kit, project found online, in a magazine, etc.
- Your creation must be on a base no bigger than 24 by 24 inches. The base can be wood, cardboard, a LEGO flat base, etc. and can be decorated to fit with your project. Your completed project may be no taller than four feet tall.
- One entry per participant or team where applicable.
- Team projects will be placed in the category of the oldest participant in the team. Please note that while all members of a team will receive a prize ribbon (if applicable), a team will compete for a single prize.
- Deliver completed projects to Nashville Public Library at 615 Church Street at a time you will select during online registration.
- If you need to change your drop-off time, please contact us online or call the Main Library Children's Department at (615) 862-5785.
- Please retrieve entries at the Main Library on February 17.
- Any entry not retrieved by 4 PM on Friday, March 1 will be considered a donation to NPL's LEGO collection.
As part of registration, you will be asked to consent/agree that you or your child's work and/or likeness may be considered for display and/or promotion of Nashville Public Library programming and services. View photo permissions form (pdf).