Borrow a Ukulele
Check out a musical instrument along with your books and movies: we have a Ukulele Collection! Ukuleles are the perfect instrument for all learning levels. They’re known for their warm sound and ease of use, so they’re a fun way to explore music for first-timers and seasoned players alike.
Our Ukulele Collection was made possible in collaboration with the Ukulele Collective of Tennessee, Guitar Center, Fanny’s House of Music, Lucky U Review, Kala Brand Music Co., and Nashville Ukulele Society.
- See ukuleles in the catalog.
- Place a hold request, and we'll send the ukulele to any library location for pickup.
- Ukuleles may be checked out for 21 days, with one possible renewal.
- Held ukuleles may be checked out on the library card of the requestor.
- Ukuleles may be checked out on any library card type.
- Borrowers are responsible for all contents: ukulele, case, tuner, and booklet.
- No more than one ukulele may be borrowed at one time by one person.
- Get tuning information, strum patterns, and basic chord chart in the Ukulele Kit Booklet (PDF)
- Use your library card for free access to self-paced music lessons from AritistWorks.
- Return ukuleles to any Nashville Public Library location.
- Return ukuleles inside the Library. Please do not use after-hours book returns.
- Ukulele must be returned in its case, with all its contents, at once.
- Replacement costs: $85 for ukulele, $17 for case, and $10 for tuner.