Catch a puppet show at the Main Library or a Puppet Truck performance at select branches. Special puppet shows are provided at the Main Library for groups on designated Thursdays.
Main Library Puppet Shows
Weekly Puppet Shows
Fridays and Saturdays at 10:30am and 11:30am.
Reservations are required for groups of 10 or more people. See private and group performances, below, for more information.
Plan your trip so you can see the puppet show you've been waiting for:
- View the 2024 Main Library performance schedule (pdf) to see what shows are happening this year.
- Check the events calendar before visiting the library.The calendar lists show dates and times and details about the show, including age recommendations.
Private and Group Performances
Wishing Chair provides special performances for groups of 10 or more on Thursdays at the Main Library during the run of the show. If you have a school group, senior center, assisted living facility, or other organization that would like to see a puppet show at the Main Library, fill out our group puppet show request form and we'll be in touch.
- Wishing Chair Productions offers private in house performances on Thursdays at 10:30a.m. and 11:30a.m. for schools, daycares, homeschool groups with educational Q & A sessions following the show.
- For organizations like assisted living facilities and senior centers we offer Thursday performances at 1:30p.m. with an educational discussion following the performance.
Performances should be scheduled at least 3 weeks in advance. We encourage you to reserve early because space is limited and group presentations are quite popular. Company members will contact you to confirm the date and time for your presentation.
Reservations are free. Reservations are not confirmed until you get a confirmation from a library staff person.
Catch a Puppet Truck Show
The Puppet Truck travels to different library locations throughout the year to reach people who aren’t able to visit the Main Library Children’s Theatre. You can also find the Puppet Truck at cultural events and festivals around town.
How To Have Fun at Puppet Shows
- Please sit with your child.
- Enjoy the presentation with your child.
- Stay behind the big rope.
- To provide an allergen-free environment, food is no longer allowed in the theater.
- If you or your children are fussy or disruptive, please leave the room until you feel better and return when you’re ready to be good listeners.
- Silence and conceal your cell phones, computers, and iPads.
- The Fire Marshall says, "Leave strollers in the designated area in the theater lobby."