Mask Mandate Reimplementation
As of August 5, 2021, Metro Government reimplemented masking inside Metro buildings to protect the public and city employees so Metro can continue to deliver quality services to residents.
Consistent with CDC evidence of transmission by vaccinated persons, face coverings are required for both unvaccinated and vaccinated individuals while inside Metro buildings, including all Nashville Public Library locations.
The executive order applies to both Metro employees as well as members of the public.
Service by Location
|Walk-in Service||Curbside Service||Closed (no service)|
Note: weather conditions may force temporary suspension of curbside service.
Walk-in Service Includes
- Collection Access: Browse the Shelves, Check Out Materials, Pick Up Your Holds
- Computer Access
Main Library: phone or walk-in reservations
Branch locations: walk-in reservations only
- Answers to Quick Reference Questions
More in-depth inquiries may be directed to Online Help, Book A Librarian, or Library Concierge.
- In-Person Library Card Signup
- Photocopier and Printer Access
- Study Room Access
- Branch Meeting Rooms are available by reservation.
- Masks must be worn at all times by both staff and customers inside NPL facilities per reimplementation of the Metro mask mandate.
- Please refrain from visiting NPL if you:
- have been feeling ill
- have come into contact with someone who tested positive for Covid-19
- Maintain at least six feet of distance between yourself and other visitors and staff.
- For public computer use, please use provided disinfectant wipes to wipe down keyboard, mouse, and station area before and after use.
And Just Because It's So Darn Good...
Whether you've watched a dozen times or are a newbie, for a great library-themed laugh (and useful information!), check out the smash hit "Curbside, Baby" from some of our amazingly talented staff.