Nashville Talking Library
Nashville Talking Library is a free audio information service providing books, magazines, newspapers, and more to residents of Middle Tennessee with certified reading disabilities. We are on the air seven days a week, at all hours.
Apply for Service
Download an application. Return it by email, mail, or fax. Or call (615) 862-5874 to request an application form be sent to you.
Ways to Listen
Nashville Talking Library's programming is intended solely for individuals who cannot read conventional print due to a disability. Our programs may not be copied or redistributed. After submitting the required eligibility application, you may listen to the Talking Library several ways.
Listen Online Now
Use our custom “Alexa Skill” to listen on the Echo and other Alexa-enabled devices. For more information, see the Talking Library Alexa Skill page on Amazon.
- To enable the skill say, “Alexa, Enable Nashville Talking Library.” You only need to enable it once.
- After enabling, anytime you want to listen just say, “Alexa, play Nashville Talking Library.”
If you don’t already have an Echo, we’ll loan you one free. We only loan Echos to Davidson County residents.
- New listeners: Fill out the application form and select that you want an Echo.
- Existing listeners: Contact us and request an Echo.
Use the Simple Radio app to listen to the Talking Library stream.
- Download the Simple Radio app for free from the Apple Store or Google Play.
- Search within the app for “Nashville Talking Library.”
- Tap to add Nashville Talking Library to your favorites, then call up again the next time you listen.
Call (631) 359-9315 to listen.
Long distance charges may apply if your phone plan does not include free long-distance calling. You can use either a cell phone or a landline.
Special Radio Receiver
When you apply, we can mail you a free, specially-tuned, easy-to-use radio receiver. The radio is on loan to you for as long as you need it.
Programs We Offer
- Nashville Talking Library Program Guide
- Nashville Talking Library Broadcast Schedule
- Listen to the schedule by calling (615) 862-5876.
Support Nashville Talking Library
Volunteers read newspapers live on the air. They also record books and magazines at our studios at Main Library. Volunteers may schedule recording sessions Monday through Friday. To get started in the process of volunteering, please complete the volunteer application.
To make a donation to Nashville Talking Library, please email email@example.com.
Nashville Talking Library
615 Church Street
Nashville, TN 37219
Phone: (615) 862-5874 Fax: (615) 862-5494
Office Hours are Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.